Tuesday 25 April 2017

Musing Mondays - Star Wars & reading to remember


Musing Monday, April 24, 2017

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:


  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…

I bought the following book(s) in the past week…


by Kevin J. Anderson & Rebecca Moesta

A few years back I bought my cousin Ian the first 6 books in this series as a Christmas gift because like me, he is a Star Wars nut and he was the perfect age for these books. So when I was talking to him at our family's Easter dinner on the 15th we got into an in-depth discussion about Star Wars as per usual. In the course of the conversation, it came up that he really did love the 6 books I had bought him which thrilled me. I immediately him that I would set about trying to get my hands on the rest of the series for him. I remembered that they seemed to be kind of tricky to get my hands on but I was determined. I ended up getting all of them used through Amazon, I only ordered "Good" and "Acceptable" copies so hopefully, they'll be in good shape when they arrive. Because there are 8 of them my Mum and I are planning to dole them out to him over the course of multiple gift seasons. In buying these I also realised I only own the first 3, so I think I need to get off my butt and buy the rest for myself too.

Here's the summaries for them all from left to right top to bottom:

Shards of Alderaan (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #7)
Jacen and Jaina set off for the Alderaan system, determined to salvage a piece of the shattered planet as a gift for their mother. But amid the ghosts of a dead world, the twins are in for a lethal surprise--some ghosts still live. A long-lost enemy of the Solo family is about to return. -- via Goodreads

Diversity Alliance (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #8)
When a fellow Jedi student, who holds the key to a New Republic secret coalition, turns up missing, the young Jedi Knights race across the galaxy to find him and are forced to confront a deadly enemy. Original. -- via Goodreads

Delusions of Grandeur (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #9)
As the young Jedi Knights continue their search for Raynor Thul's father, they turn for assistance to a dangerous resource, the reprogrammed assassin droid IG-88, a fearsome bounty hunter that the young Jedis may or may not have under control. Original." -- via Goodreads

Jedi Bounty (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #10)
Lowbacca has left the Jedi academy and traveled to the planet Ryloth, headquarters of the Diversity Alliance, to see what the Alliance is really all about. On Yavin 4, Jacen, Jaina and the other young Jedi Knights have already discovered one truth about the Alliance--once you go to Ryloth, you either join, or you die. Lowie is in great danger, and they must rescue him. But what can a small group of humans do against a planet full of hostile aliens? -- via Goodreads

The Emperor's Plague (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #11)
Bornan Thul's secret is out: he's protecting a deadly plague that could devastate the galaxy if released. And the evil Nolaa Tarkona -- leader of the Diversity Alliance -- knows where it is hidden.Now Jacen, Jaina, and their allies must race against time. As a massive battle rages between New Republic soldiers and the forces of the Diversity Alliance, the young Jedi Knights must find and destroy the plague before it can be released.

But first they must face Nolaa Tarkona. And her very lethal hired hand, Boba Fett... -- via Goodreads

Return to Ord Mantell (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #12)
Berkley's new imprint for young adults is off and running with the first novel in a new trilogy starring the young Jedi Knights! 
As the "New York TImes" bestselling series continues, a devastating secret could mean disaster for the entire Solo family... 
STAR WARS is hotter then Ever!
Over 3 Million Young Jedi Knight Novels in Print! -- via Goodreads

Trouble on Cloud City (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #13)
Lando Calrissian offers the twins a rare opportunity--a vacation on Cloud City. They jump at the chance, as long as their mysterious new friend Anja Gallandro can come along. Anja is happy to be included. But little do the twins know that they are actually helping Anja hatch her sinister plan. A plan that goes far deeper than simple revenge... -- via Goodreads

Crisis at Crystal Reef (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #14)
Anja Gallandro planned to destroy the Solo family. But now she fights an intense inner battle -- against her increasing spice addiction, and her growing friendship with Jacen and Jaina. In desperation for spice, she steals a ship and flees the Jedi academy.The young Jedi Knights follow her from the spice mines of Kessel to the dangerous beauty of Crystal Reef -- where an even more sinister plan is hatching... -- via Goodreads

        THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: When someone in your life passes do you pick up a book they liked or one that reminds you of them to read?

I never have in the past, but it's an intrigung idea. I've toyed with reading books I know my dad liked over the years since he passed, but he and I had very different tastes in books. He was very much a Tom Clancy fan and I've not yet found any of his Tom Clancy books interesting, actually I don't even know if we moved them with us from Toronto.



2 comments:

  1. I have never been a Star Wars fan, but that's super exciting that you found all of those. Now you need to find them for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be a mind reader, because that's exactly what I did last night after writing this. Bought the 11 I needed and it only cost me $10 more than the 8 I bought for my cousin. When they all arrive I'll compare the ones there are doubles of and give him the better copies.

      Delete